Home » Ebola Reports » Ebola: WHO withdraws staff from Sierra Leonean laboratory
Ebola: WHO withdraws staff from Sierra Leonean laboratory

Ebola: WHO withdraws staff from Sierra Leonean laboratory

The World Health Organization has withdrawn staff from Ebola laboratory at Kailahun in eastern Sierra Leone after one of its medical workers there was infected during the worst ever outbreak of the disease, a WHO spokesperson said.

“It’s a temporary measure to take care of the welfare of our remaining workers,” WHO spokesperson, Christy Feig told Reuters. “After our assessment, they will return.”

The WHO has sent nearly 400 people from its own staff and partner organisations to fight the outbreak in West Africa.

It said on Sunday that a foreign health worker it had deployed in Sierra Leone had been infected.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

%d bloggers like this: